Hello Friends,
I am back after so long with a new article and what an auspicious day it is for a come back.
Whenever I remember Kargil, I just remember one song from the movie LOC-Kargil:
"Kandho se milte hai Kandhe, Kadmo se Kadam milte hai
Hum Chalte hai jab aise to Dil Dushman ke hilte hai"
This song generates a sense of patriotism in me and I am sure of every Indian but this song has a deep meaning which we Indians in today's world either failed to realize or don't want to realize. I was watching a video of an Army Commando, he says who is a enemy for a soldier, he says during a war when our soldier shoots towards the enemy its not because of hatred towards what is in front of him but to protect what is behind him. Soldiers on the front don't even know whom they are shooting, both sides doing the work assigned by their countries and to protect the fellow citizens.
So who is the enemy? It lies deep inside all of us, this enemy can be called by various names like Discrimination, Superiority, Corruption, Jealousy, Arrogance and so on, we have to learn a lot from our soldiers that if they possess only one of these things then our National Security will be in Danger.
In Indian Defense Forces there is no Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Jaat, Punjabi, Kashmiri, Bihari, Tamilian, Bengali, Rajput, Gujjar etc. as they fight as one single unit, there is no superiority or inferiority when they are in line of duty, only leadership prevails not superiority, if armed forces gets corrupt then there will no Nation left, where will be the jealousy when all the soldiers are equally hungry to do their duty towards the nation, and lastly when you achieve something arrogance vanishes and maturity comes in and that's what our Armed forces has, Maturity towards Nation, Citizens and their fellow soldiers.
But lets come inside from the Border, we the people of India are caught by all these above mentioned illness. We are divided by every name which we can be divided. We are negligent, negligent towards nature, towards our fellows and hilariously to ourselves too. We are corrupt, corruption is not looting of money or material but it is in the brain, corruption is passing obscene comments to the other gender or mis-behaving with them, corruption is not following rules, corruption is not paying taxes, corruption is not participating in nation building activities, corruption is being violent on a petty issues, in short corruption is everything that harms the nation at large. We are arrogant of what we have, we often flaunt even if we achieve a little in our life, please don't forget few people due to whom we have achieved; first is our parents who made us capable enough to achieve anything, second the soldier on the border who keeps the environment safe and sound for us to do good in our life and third the Farmer who himself might sleep without food but provides food to fill our stomach and even then all of them are not arrogant then how can we become arrogant?
Kargil Vijay Diwas is not only to celebrate victory over Pakistan or to lay wreath on Amar Jawan Jyoti but it is beyond that, it is the way of life which our martyred soldiers told us. It is to consider Humans as Humans without any discrimination or filtration.
Today I read a story of a girl, a daughter, a writer who lost her father during Operation Vijay in Kargil, her father was Major in Indian Army and Artillery Gunner whose role is to provide cover and secure passage to the Infantry. Her sorrow was that her father didn't got the recognition as others got, we know the names of many martyrs from Kargil but her father's name was never taken, she wrote this article last year on 26th July I guess. From her article I can sense a grief for which all the citizens of India are responsible, the day her martyred, Nation and Army got one more hero but she lost her father forever who was a great leader as mentioned in her article. Through this article I would just want to say sorry to her and Sons/Daughters like her for not recognizing the valiant efforts of their Fathers who laid their lives for one single motto that is
"JEEVAN PARYANT KARTAVYA"
I found out one interesting thing in her article that she mentioned couple of times, that her Father apart from being a soldier was a complete Family Man and a Romantic person who just never let problems on border affect his family. She wrote:
" I still fails to understand how he sounded so carefree in his letters amidst all that chaos during the Kargil War. I remember him calling us from Satellite phone and talking about the bad weather in the background. I am yet to come across a selfless Man as him. The day I find him, I'll Marry him."
She also wrote, that as Kargil war was unexpected so she along with her mother and sister went to see her father but only got 12 hrs. with him and that was last 12 hrs. they spend with him, if she knew that it will be last few hrs. she would have utilized each bit of it. This is heart wrenching but has a deep lesson for all of us to Respect every moment of life, because you don't know which moment could be the last moment, spend it wisely, life is too short for estrangement, value all people around some may be nice some may be bad but everyone will teach us about life in their own respective way, like her father induced many qualities due to which she is able to get all the success till now, that is Empathy, Selflessness, Leadership, Calmness (especially in adversities) and most importantly the Respect of Human Life.
Ma'am I respect you for writing your thoughts and sharing a story of not only a Brave son of Motherland but also a Great father. I wish that you read this article and I hope that I did justice with the words and feeling of your article in my own gesture.
At last while wrapping up I would just like to say, Nation's service is not only done on borders, a Mother feeding her child is doing a National Service, a Father religiously doing his work and fulfilling all his responsibilities is doing a National Service, a Truck Driver due to whom we can have our food and other basic amenities is doing a National Service, a Lover (Boy/Girl) who accepts the rejection in his/her love life maturely is doing a National Service, an Entrepreneur who is working to make others' life easy and convenient is doing a National Service, a Youth miles away from his/her land researching for the future growth of his/her motherland is doing a National Service and there are many more examples of the same.
Respect who Martyred for us by not taking but giving this beautiful Nation everything that we have.
JAI HIND, JAI BHARAT
No comments:
Post a Comment